Staying hydrated is essential for the proper functioning of your body. An adult human should drink 3 – 4 liters of water every day. Do you find it difficult to drink that much water? Don’t worry. Some of your favorite fruits contain plenty of water that help you stay hydrated. Here the list of top 10 fruits with highest water content
10 Pineapple – Water Content : 87%
Everyone know that pineapple is rich in water. On first bite itself, you could feel it. This amazing fruit contains 87% of water. Pineapples are not just hydrating but delicious also.
Other Health Benefits Of Pineapple
- Pineapples are rich in Vitamin C. It is an essential Vitamin that fights against cell damage. Thereby boost your immune system.
- The presence of both soluble and insoluble fiber in pineapples can reduce a number of digestive issues.
- The high manganese content in pineapples can improve your bone health.
- The antioxidants and high amount of vitamin C in pineapples can reduce the risk of macular degeneration (a serious eye disease which leads to vision loss).
9 Orange – Water Content : 87%
Orange may be one of the fruits you choose to eat after the workout. The reason is obvious. It can hydrate and energize you soon. 87% of this delicious fruit is water.
Other Health Benefits Of Oranges
- Oranges are rich in limonoids, the phytochemical that helps to reduce the risk of cancer.
- The high amount of soluble fiber in Oranges can reduce cholesterol level.
- The high potassium level in Oranges can improve heart functions.
- The presence of vitamin C in oranges can enhance skin health.
8 Peach – Water Content : 88%
The sweet and juicy peaches are a great hydrating food. It contains 88% water. You can have peaches with or without the skin. Peeling the peach skin make it less nutritious because it contains many vitamins.
Other Health Benefits Of Peaches
- Peach is a great stress relieving fruit.
- The phenolic phytochemical (a biological compound) can fight cardiovascular diseases.
- The vitamin C and A in peaches can improve your skin health.
- The fiber content in peaches can reduce digestive issues.
7 Cantaloupe – Water Content : 90%
The low-calorie cantaloupes are a healthy alternative to many desserts. This super hydrating fruit has a water content of 90%. The cantaloupe infused water is a great drink to have in summer.
Other Health Benefits Of Cantaloupe
- Cantaloupe is a great source of Vitamin C and A – essentials vitamins to improve your immune system.
- The high potassium content in cantaloupe can balance blood pressure.
- The beta carotene in cantaloupe fight cataract and help to improve vision.
- As low in calorie, cantaloupe can help in weight loss
6 Grapefruit – Water Content : 91%
The juicy grapefruit is one of the healthiest fruits in the world. Almost 91% of this fruit is made of water. Grapefruit has a tangy taste. You can enhance the taste by adding sugar over small pieces of grapefruit. The juice is also a perfect remedy for summer heat.
Other Health Benefits Of Grapefruit
- The low-calorie grapefruits aid in weight loss
- The high potassium level in grapefruits can balance blood pressure.
- Grapefruits are rich in antioxidants which fight cancer.
- The fiber rich grape fruit can fight constipation.
5 Strawberry – Water Content : 91%
Strawberry is one of the most refreshing fruits to eat. 91% of this amazing fruit is water. It is also rich in nutrients. The strawberry infused water is one of the best drinks to regain energy after the workout.
Other Health Benefits Of Strawberry
- The pigment found in strawberries called flavonoids reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- The high amount of Vitamin K and magnesium in strawberries can improve bone health.
- Improves immunity as strawberries are a great source of Vitamin C.
- High potassium content in strawberries help to balance the blood pressure
4 Starfruit – Water Content : 91%
Starfruit or Carambola has a unique fruit that has a mixed taste of sweet and tangy. The starfruit infused water is so popular because it’s both healthy and refreshing. It can also be eaten in raw. Starfruit is a thirst quenching fruit with a water content of 91%.
Other Health Benefits Of Starfruits
- High amount of flavonoids and antioxidants fight inflammation.
- The high fiber content and low-calorie content of starfruits aid in weight loss.
- Starfruits can cure headaches and hangovers
- As a rich source of potassium, starfruits can improve heart health and balance blood pressure.
3 Watermelon – Water Content : 92%
Probably the first fruit comes to your mind when looking for a summer refreshment. As the name suggests, watermelon is full of water. To be precise, 92% of this fruit is water. Not just the water content, watermelons have many other nutritional values.
Other Health Benefits Of Watermelon
- Watermelon is a rich source of lycopene. It’s a phytonutrient which can effectively fight cancer cells.
- The high fiber content in watermelons improves digestive functions.
- High amount of Vitamin A in watermelons is good for both your hair and skin.
- Watermelons contain many heart healthy vitamins such as Vitamin A, C and B6.
2 Tomato – Water Content : 94%
Yes, tomato is a fruit. You may be mistaken it for a vegetable. This awesome fruit is not just rich in nutrients but also full of water. 94% of a tomato is made of water. Salads, sandwiches or raw from – there are many ways to enjoy tomatoes. Apart from the perfect hydrating fruit, tomatoes have many health benefits.
Other Health Benefits Of Tomato
- Vitamin A rich tomatoes reduce the risk of macular degeneration which leads to vision loss.
- Consumption tomatoes can reduce the risk of hypertension.
- High concentration of lycopene (phytochemical) minimize the risk of cancer
- Daily consumption of tomatoes can improve skin health.
- Eating tomatoes can prevent your skin from some conditions caused by sun exposure.
- High potassium content in tomatoes can regulate blood pressure.
1 Cucumber – Water Content : 96%
Cucumber contains the highest water content (96%) than any other fruits. It’s a perfect summer refresher. Cucumber slices or cucumber salads can quickly hydrate and boost your energy. Cucumber infused water is also one of the healthiest detox drinks you can have.
Other Health Benefits Of Cucumber
- Cucumber water help to remove toxins from your body
- The flavonoid called fisetin in cucumber improves your brain health.
- High fiber content in cucumber enhance digestive functions
- Cucumber slices can reduce dark circles under the eyes. Facial mask using cucumber juice can improve the complexion of the skin.
- Eating cucumber can reduce the risk of kidney stones.