The rich biodiversity of national parks plays an important role in maintains the climate regulation, bringing down various types of pollution, purification of water…Etc. Moreover visiting to national parks provides close view of special species of plants and animals. Here the list of top 10 must visit national parks in United States.
10 Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio
Cuyahoga valley national park is located in north east of Ohio in around 33000 acres. Cyahoga national park splendid view of nature for the visitors in all season. Activities like down hill skiing, snow shoeing and sledding can be experience in winter time. This national park is situated in the bank of cyahoga rivers, will get view of 22 miles of cyahoga river from this national park.
- Enriches by 900 plat species, 197 species of birds and 20 species of reptiles.
- Can cover historical sites such as frazee house, everett road covered bridge ans boston store that are built centuries ago.
- Exploration of national park with cyahoga valley scenic railroad that started service in more than 100 years ago.
- The rolling hills, water falls and towpath of cyahoga national park makes spectacular view of nature.
9 Acadia National Park, Maine
Acadia national park is situated in Maine state of U.S. Naturally gifted ponds, lakes, rocks filled mountains and woodlands are special attraction that you will get from Acadia national park. It spread across vast area of 47000 acres, view from Cadillac and seashore also attracts millions of visitors to Acadia national park.
- Have 125 miles of historic hiking trail, explore with bikes or horses.
- Marvelous view of leafage overs thousands of acres.
- Home to 40 different species of mammals, includes mount lions and gray wolf.
8 Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
As name indicating rocky mountain national parks protects mountain environment of 2,65,873 acres, located in Colorado. It is recommended you to make visit to rocky mountain national park in between the June to Octobers because will get spectacular view of blooming of rare wild flowers, also the availability of trail ridge roads. Rare species of wild animals and 300 miles of hiking trails makes this national park one of favorite tourist spot in United States.
- Wide varieties of wild animals includes mountain lions, black bears, bighorn sheep and moose.
- Lime stones that having age of nearly 2 billion years.
- Known for back country skiing and snow play.
7 Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
Grand teton national park spread across vast areas of 310000 acres in state of Wyoming. This national park within mountain range of United States enriches by view of mountain rocks and wild flowers.
- Have 200 miles of trails over mountain range.
- Home of wolves, grizzly bears, elks and bald eagles.
- Spectacular view of snake river through this national park.
- Known for snowshoeing, skiing, rollerblading and cycling.
6 Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Yellowstone national park can be located near to Grand teton national park within same state of Wyoming. It spread across 2,221,776 acres of lands, this area formed 6,40000 years ago. Yellowstone national park is the first ever national park ion the world which is established in 1872.
- Geysers that erupt in every 90 minutes with several meters of height.
- Yellowstone lake, largest high attitude lake in United States.
- Home of word’s largest geo thermal attractions.
5 Olympic National Park, Washington
Olympic national park is one of word heritage site and spot of international biosphere. This national park is spread cross 9,22,000 acres of land. The 73 miles of coastal lines makes this national park more favorite spot for tourists. This area also have vast area of greenish rain forest, makes stunning view of nature.
- View of beautiful sol duc falls.
- Rare species of world’s talest trees like big sitka spruce, having 1000 years of age.
- Beautiful costline of Rialto beach, spectacular view of carving of sea.
4 Zion National Park, Utah
Zion national park is known for reddish colored navajo sandstones spread across 148733 acres. You will get spectacular view of ancient wind tracks from Zion national park that have million years of age. It is also favorite spots of visitors to make canyoneering in United States.
- Journey over Zion national park in hot balloons.
- Home for 289 rare species of birds and 75 species of mammals.
- Geological features like slot canyons and sand dunes.
- Zion have world’s largest tree standing natural arch.
3 Yosemite National Park, California
Yosemite national park is one of the most visited national park in United States, located in California. This national park is listed as world heritage site. The entire areas is enriches by graphite cliffs, wild streams and carvings. You can enjoys the carvings and rock formations made by 145 miles long merced river.
- Can found 7000 species of plants, some of them can’t find anywhere else in the world.
- Geological features like glaciers and canyons.
- Hiking trails and known for rock climbing.
- 617 foot bridakveil waterfalls and number of other water falls.
2 Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Tennessee
Smoky mountain national park is the U.S most vising national park, counts nine millions of visitors every year. This national park is spread across vast area of 521896 acres. This areas provides miles of hiking trails and rich density different plant species. Also smoky mountain national park have one of oldest geological formations.
- Home for 1600 special species of flowering plants, most of them can seen only in this national park.
- UNESCO’s word heritage listed site.
- Many historic structures and geological formations.
- Number of waterfalls and wild streams.
Top 10 most amazing rock formations in United States
Top 10 Most Surreal Places In United States
Top 10 Awe-Inspiring Natural Wonders of United States
1 Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
Grand canyon is listed as one of world’s natural wonders, located in Arizona spread across 1,217,408 acres of land. The colorful rock formations in Grand Canyon national park have half of age that of Earth. The natural erotion continuously changes the rock formation in this areas.
- The metamorphic rocks in grand canyons reveals many ancient Earth facts.
- Carvings are made by Colorado river, which flows in an arch formation.
- 800 million gallons of water flows through Grand Canyon in every hour.
- Have 80 special species of mammals and 250 species of birds.
- Grand canyon is the third largest canyon on Earth.